SQA Test Analysts execute test scripts with varying levels of complexity, and across different software versions and devices. On small technology projects, the SQA Test Analysts have a deeper involvement with the process. They review project requirements and high level system designs, while also deriving test strategies and test plans in order to effectively test the solution. The Analysts set up the test environment and verify the success of the results. This involves communicating across project teams to build the test hardware and software. To do this effectively, the Analysts also review system requirements and specifications to ensure that project deliverables are free from ambiguity and properly define the testing requirements. SQA Test Analysts also maintain and update test scripts and test cases for systems by assigning test case defects to the Analyst responsible for providing ongoing updates of test cases.
The SQA Test Analysts work on many different initiatives and serve on various teams. Here are a few examples of the types of projects our Analysts work on:
- To test problem fixes and enhancements to the Publix Fuel System.
- To run tests regarding the stabilization and maintenance of the configuration management system used to support Point of Sale (POS) systems.
Qualifications we look for
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, a related analytical field or equivalent experience
- At least two years of experience with software testing concepts, system functionality and/or retail systems
- Knowledge of testing environments and experience following testing standards
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and programming
- Ability to understand software testing concepts and system functionality
- Ability to learn our testing environments and follow standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to create Test Plans and Test Summaries
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Information Systems from the Job Category list. Your résumé will go directly to the Information Systems hiring team and you'll be contacted if you're selected for an interview.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.