To meet requirements for a wide variety of Publix systems, Programmers analyze and create new configuration for packaged software. They use various computer languages, applications, and programming software such as .Net, SQL Server, Access, and VB6. Programmers participate in various levels of testing of in-house and external applications developed within the Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC) framework. While working to provide these systems solutions, Programmers make sure they adhere to security best practices and standards for various platforms. For complex problems, the Programmers perform problem determination and resolution. They also analyze the root cause by researching current application code, then design, code, and test a solution. When necessary, the Programmers provide after-hours support for applications and project efforts.
The Programmers work on many different initiatives and serve on various teams. Here are a few examples of the types of projects our Programmers work on:
- Implement forecasting, labor demand generation, and automated scheduling for the Customer Service Department.
- Implement a centralized web-based transportation management system for fleet management to support inbound and outbound shipments, dispatch optimization, shipment planning, and appointment scheduling.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
- Ability to develop new applications within the SDLC framework
- Ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- Experience with object oriented design and coding
- Experience supporting vendor software packages
- Knowledge of software development best practices as they relate to security, scalability, capacity, availability and performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Available to work after hours and weekends
- Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Information Systems from the Job Category list. Your résumé will go directly to the Information Systems hiring team and you'll be contacted if you're selected for an interview.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.