We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Process Safety Management Coordinator
Because Publix manufacturing facilities use ammonia refrigeration, we need our Process Safety Management (PSM) Coordinators to ensure that our refrigeration systems, equipment, and procedures comply with all ammonia regulations.
- Ensures compliance with PSM and Risk Management Plan (RMP) and all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Reviews system-altering processes prior to implementation.
- Organizes and provides PSM-mandated training to all applicable associates and contractors.
- Reviews and assists with Management of Change (MOC), Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs), and Process Hazards Analysis (PHA).
- Reviews all refrigeration action plans for ammonia-related projects to ensure compliance and viability with the PSM program.
- Organizes and provides leadership concerning all 14 elements of PSM by reading and reviewing mechanical and electrical drawings, procedures, and ammonia-related programs and policies.
- Serves as primary respondent in the event of any PSM audit activity.
- Actively participates in refrigeration team activities and programs, and works to improve skills by staying abreast of current technologies.
- Schedules refrigeration associates for PSM training and Confined Space, HAZMAT, and Hot Work training programs.
- Experience with PSM-associated ammonia refrigeration.
- Refrigeration Engineers Technician Association (RETA) certification.
- OSHA certification.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to withstand walking, lifting, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, walking on roofs, and working in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and technical specifications.
- Ability to read and understand complex regulatory requirements.
- Ability to conform to all OSHA, PSM, HAZMAT, and Publix safety program regulations.
- Ability to learn and understand OSHA Emergency Response requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Ability to demonstrate safe work habits.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work any shift, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Ability to work efficiently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work well with others as an effective team player.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.