The types of compressor maintenance the Compressor Rebuild Technicians perform includes:
- compressor teardown
- transporting parts to the rebuild area
- disassembling and evaluating the internal parts
- cleaning and sorting the parts
- replacing faulty components and
- reassembling parts into the compressor block.
Compressor Rebuild Technicians also perform basic maintenance on compressors, such as oil and filter changes, and servicing the seals, water jacket hoses, and drive coupling alignment. Furthermore, the Compressor Rebuild Technicians monitor run times, maintenance schedules, oil pressures, operating temperatures, vibrations and any abnormalities with compressor equipment. When large, complex projects occur, the Compressor Rebuild Technicians assist Operators to complete functions such as pump downs, tie-ins, and equipment replacements. Additionally, the Compressor Rebuild Technicians perform general housekeeping duties such as cleaning and washing equipment, emptying trash, sweeping and mopping all work areas as needed daily.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 20 years of age
- Experience with rebuilding ammonia compressors (including disassembly, evaluation and reassembly)
- Experience in mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience using hand tools
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to conform to all OSHA, PSM, HAZMAT, and Publix safety programs and regulations
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Ability to work with solvents, detergents, hot water, paint and various aerosols
- Ability to work any shift (nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- Obvious enthusiasm initiative and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing, or Distribution from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.