The Truck Drivers make deliveries to Publix's stores, warehouses and vendor backhaul locations. They do this while demonstrating safe, courteous and responsible driving behavior. The Drivers complete entries regarding their trip and delivery stops into a computer that is located in the cab of their truck. This computer also records information regarding their speed, RPM's (revolutions per minute), drive time, and Department of Transportation regulations. They also work to provide excellent customer service and safely assist with unloading and reloading the trailers.
Qualifications we look for
Publix's hiring process for Truck Drivers is strictly a promote from within process. It takes Distribution associates approximately 8-10 years to be promoted to a Truck Driver. All candidates begin in an entry level Distribution position.
In general, associates seeking to become a Truck Driver must:
- Be a currently employed Publix Distribution associate
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Be able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Have a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Have a valid drivers license and authorization to drive a company vehicle (before the start date in the position)
- Have a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) before the start date in the position
How to apply
Go to the Publix Jobs Center to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in
- Lakeland at (863) 688-7407, ext. 32504 or
- Atlanta at (770) 995-0073, ext. 2153.