Frontline Supervisors plan and oversee the day-to-day operation of Publix's warehouses. It's their responsibility to analyze daily orders from the stores to determine work priorities and staffing that will be required to complete the day's work. The Supervisors also conduct long-term planning, including increases in staff for busy times of the year, when the warehouses move the greatest number of products.
In the event of a hurricane or any other event that spurs higher demand for store products, the Frontline Supervisors adjust work schedules to satisfy the needs of our customers. When personnel conflicts arise, these Supervisors identify and resolve issues to maintain camaraderie, teamwork and productivity for the warehouse team. Furthermore, Supervisors maintain communication with associates by facilitating meetings and by providing evaluations, mentorship and coaching. Frontline Supervisors also communicate with other departments and with Publix stores to maintain efficiency and ensure satisfaction with the overall warehouse operation.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work the required schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and extended periods of time
- Experience in/or knowledge of distribution operations
- Able to examine and interpret information from different sources to develop a course of action
- Supervisory experience in a distribution or equivalent environment
- Able to effectively convey information to coworkers, supervisors, associates, or customers
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Able to be a positive role model
- Willing to accept changes in the work environment
How to apply
Go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our current openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Distribution from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.