Stocking Our Shelves
Nearly 6,000 associates in Distribution ensure that all our local Publix stores have plenty of product to sell.
Distribution has approximately 8 million square feet of warehouse space to receive, store, and ship more than 732 million cases of over 39,000 items each year. Our fleet of 525 tractors and nearly 2,500 trailers traveled more than 64.5 million miles in 2011 (that’s 7.1 times around the earth per day) to make more than 1.2 million deliveries in over 368 cities.
Receiving, Storing, and Shipping
The majority of jobs that make up Publix distribution are related to tasks performed in the warehouses. The kinds of duties these positions cover include everything from shipping and receiving and loading trucks to maintaining a clean warehouse and keeping product, stocked, counted, and in order.
Warehouse positions include:
Keeping the Trucks Rolling
Tractor-trailers need ongoing preventive maintenance and occasional repair. Publix's mechanics specialize in this type of maintenance to keep Distribution shipping operations running smoothly.
Here is one maintenance position in Distribution:
Getting Groceries to the Stores
Publix's truck driver role can be obtained only by being promoted from within Publix distribution. Click the profile below to learn more about the job and where you need to begin to eventually apply for this position.
A Tasty Benefit for Support Associates
Publix offers free hot lunches, served buffet style, for corporate, manufacturing, and distribution associates who work at facilities with a cafeteria. Here are three positions in the cafeteria:
The massive effort of keeping stores stocked is coordinated from our eight distribution centers:
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Lakeland, Florida
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Miami, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Sarasota, Florida
Check out the variety of Publix's warehouses within the eight distribution centers:
- Seven high velocity warehouses, in Boynton Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando, Lakeland, Miami, and Sarasota, Florida; and in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
- One super velocity warehouse, in Austell, Georgia.
- One chart warehouse, in Lakeland, Florida.
- One pharmacy warehouse, in Orlando, Florida.
- Two low-velocity warehouses, in Lakeland, Florida and Lawrenceville, Georgia.
- Four dairy/boxed meat warehouses, in Lawrenceville, Georgia; Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, and Lakeland, Florida.
- Four produce warehouses, in Lawrenceville, Georgia; Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, and Lakeland, Florida.
Four frozen food warehouses, in Lawrenceville, Georgia;
Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, and Lakeland, Florida.