Training Developers create on-the-job training programs for more than 150,000 of our retail associates, technical and operational training for more than 13,000 retail department managers, leadership training for 14,000 company leaders, and implementation training to support strategic initiatives throughout the company.
This requires Training Developers to create reference guides, facilitator guides, student workbooks, computer-based training courses, videos, posters, and job aids. To develop educationally sound materials, our Training Developers work alongside our Retail associates, interview subject matter experts, and learn new technologies being implemented in our company.
Our Training Developers must have a passion for learning, for passing on knowledge to others in the company, and for helping associates grow and develop in their careers and in their leadership abilities.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication, Instructional Design, English, Organizational Psychology, or a related analytical field
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, organizing, writing and editing technical documentation, preferably training-related documents
- Ability to effectively and efficiently interview subject matter experts at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to identify problems and break down complex concepts and processes into logical components for effective training
- Ability to take information from multiple sources and create initial and ongoing performance-based training materials
- Ability to consistently interact professionally with a culturally diverse audience at all associate levels
- Ability to communicate professionally with all team members and encourage team cooperation without sacrificing independent thoughts and contributions
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize projects and tasks into personal weekly and monthly plans
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word or similar word-processing software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Human Resources within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in
- Lakeland at (863) 688-7407, ext. 32504 or
- Atlanta at (770) 995-0073, ext. 2153.