We have hundreds of meat cutters in our stores across Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. They are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest product quality possible. Without our Meat Cutters, our stores wouldn't be the caliber of supermarket our customers have come to expect. This means cutting a wide variety of meats according to company policy and according to customer preferences.
We currently have openings for Meat Cutters in the following cities:
- Florida: Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Ft. Myers, Lake Mary, Longwood, Orlando, Sanford, Tampa
However, openings may be occurring in other cities as well, both for those who want to work full-time and for those who would prefer a part-time schedule. The pay range for Meat Cutter varies by region but is generally $11.45 an hour to $18.20 an hour for fulltime associates and $10.25 an hour to $16.10 an hour for part-time associates.
Starting pay rates depend on a meat cutter's knowledge and previous experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
Eligible Meat Cutters also earn quarterly bonuses based on their store's performance. Eligibility is based on hours worked.
In addition, they earn a year-end bonus paid in December in appreciation for their work during the year. For full-time Meat Cutters, the bonus in the first year and second year is usually equal to one week's pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31. In subsequent years, the bonus is usually equal to two weeks' pay. For part-time Meat Cutters, the bonus is equal to four hours of pay when an associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to eight hours' pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31.
See the list of the main reasons why Publix is a great place to work.
Visit the Benefits page for a full list of benefits offered to Publix associates.
A Meat Cutter's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service
- Cutting and preparing all varieties and cuts of meat, including the safe operation of tools
- Helping to verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks
- Maintaining, filling and rotating product in meat cases
- Moving meat from coolers to cutting area and returning meat to coolers
- Training other associates as needed
- Maintaining Publix's high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trim and cutting
- Cleaning equipment
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- previous meat-cutting experience
- able and willing to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able and willing to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- able and willing to work well with others as a team member
Preferred: We prefer to hire individuals who have a passion for people, in other words those who greatly enjoy serving others. Previous experience at Publix is also a plus.
A Meat Cutter's duties are performed primarily in the cutting room with the temperature ranging from 40 to 50 degrees at all times. Work includes lifting and carrying product weighing up to 110 pounds, repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength, and standing in place for long periods of time.
How to apply
By Email: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the locations you're interested in. If there are openings available and you're qualified, a Retail Staffing Specialist will contact you.
In Person: If you're visiting a store where you'd like to work, please ask the Meat Manager if there are openings available. If so, you'll need to apply at the Job Application Center in the store, an automated kiosk that the Meat Manager can direct you to. (If the Meat Manager isn't available, ask for the Store Manager of Assistant Store Manager.) If there are no openings in that store and you'd be interested in working at another store, you still should apply at the Job Application Center in the store where you first go. Managers at other stores will see your application and call you if they have openings, if you're qualified, and if your hours of availability match their needs. You might also ask the Meat Manager at that store if he or she knows of openings at nearby stores.