A Front Service Clerk’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Bagging groceries
- Taking a customer’s cart to the parking lot and unloading the groceries into the customer’s vehicle
- Carrying bags of groceries to customer vehicles, when necessary
- Helping customers locate products throughout the store
- Restocking bags
- Retrieving shopping carts from the parking lot
- Assisting in cleaning duties, as assigned
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Qualifications we look for
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 14 years of age or older
- Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Able to understand and follow instructions
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Previous experience at Publix
- A passion for serving people
A Front Service Clerk’s duties are performed primarily at the front end of the store and the parking lot. The Clerk may be exposed to various temperature changes due to outside conditions. Work includes repetitive arm and hand movements, frequent lifting, standing, bending and walking, along with continuous interaction with customers and associates.
How to apply
To apply for a retail position at Publix, please complete an application using our Job Application Center, an automated kiosk located in the front of each store. A completed Publix application is required to be considered for employment.
After you complete the application, you can notify the Store Manager of your interest in a career with Publix. You can tell the manager that you have a current application and provide any details about your skills and experience. He or she can let you know if there are any current job openings in their store or other local Publix stores.
When an application is processed through the Job Application Center, other stores in the area may also view it. For more information about stores in your area, use our Store Locator.