We have more than 13,000 Deli Clerks in our stores across Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. They are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest product quality possible. Without our Deli Clerks, our stores wouldn't be able to provide freshly prepared sandwiches and salads to customers ready to eat a meal. Deli Clerks also help customers with their catering needs.
We currently have Deli Clerk openings in the following cities:
- Florida: Altamonte, Apopka, Bradenton, Estero, Ft. Myers, Jupiter, Lake Mary, Longboat Key, Longwood, Key West, Marathon, Naples, Nokomis, Palm Beach, Sanford, Sarasota
- Tennessee: Chattanooga
However, openings may be occurring in other cities as well, both for those who want to work full-time and for those who would prefer a part-time schedule. The pay range for Deli Clerks varies by region but is generally $8.80 an hour to $14.25 an hour for full-time associates and $7.75 an hour to $12.25 an hour for part-time associates.
- Starting pay rates depend on a Deli Clerk's knowledge and previous experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
- Eligible Deli Clerks also earn quarterly bonuses based on their store's performance. Eligibility is based on hours worked.
- In addition, they earn a year-end bonus paid in December in appreciation for their work during the year. For full-time Deli Clerks, the bonus in the first year and second year is usually equal to one week's pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31. In subsequent years, the bonus is usually equal to two weeks' pay. For part-time Deli Clerks, the bonus is equal to four hours of pay when an associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to eight hours' pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31.
- Tuition reimbursement is available for outside training and coursework pertaining to an associate's current job or established career path.
See the list of the main reasons why Publix is a great place to work.
Visit the Benefits page for a full list of benefits offered to Publix associates.
A Deli Clerk's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service
- Maintaining Publix's high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Selecting and packaging products ordered by customers
- Filling, maintaining and rotating products and displays
- Preparing special orders and party trays
- Operating cash register, meat and cheese slicers, oven, fryer, microwave, cutting tools, scale and other Deli equipment
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able and willing to work well with others as a team member
- able and willing to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able and willing to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
Preferred: We prefer to hire individuals who have a passion for people, in other words those who greatly enjoy serving others. Previous experience at Publix is also a plus.
A Deli Clerk's duties are performed primarily in the Deli department. Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods, and lifting deli products weighing up to 50 pounds. Duties also include frequent interaction with customers and associates.
To learn about current Deli Clerk opportunities:
- On the Web: Check this page or the Critical Openings list.
- In Person: If you're visiting a store where you would like to work, please ask the Deli Manager if openings are available there or in any nearby stores. If there are, you'll be directed to the Job Application Center to apply (see the "How to apply" section below).
How to apply
To apply for Deli Clerk, you must go to a Job Application Center, available in any of our stores. Managers can see applications submitted at stores other than their own, so you don't need to apply at the store where you want to work. However, it is best to do so when possible since managers usually look at their own store's applications first.