A Cashier's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Weighing and scanning products
- Accepting payment and providing change, when appropriate
- Handling cash and other tenders accurately
- Bagging products, when necessary
- Maintaining a neat and clean register area
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 14 years of age or older
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read and do simple math problems
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
- able to work well with others as a team member
- previous experience at Publix
- a passion for serving people
A Cashier's duties are performed primarily at the front end of the store with exposure to outside weather conditions at time. Work includes standing at a register for prolonged periods, repetitive arm and hand movements, and moving and lifting products, along with continuous interaction with customers and associates.
How to apply
To apply for a retail position at Publix, please complete an application using our Job Application Center, an automated kiosk located in the front of each store. A completed Publix application is required to be considered for employment.
After you complete the application, you can notify the Store Manager of your interest in a career with Publix. You can tell the manager that you have a current application and provide any details about your skills and experience. He or she can let you know if there are any current job openings in their store or other local Publix stores.
When an application is processed through the Job Application Center, other stores in the area may also view it. For more information about stores in your area, use our Store Locator.