A Cake Decorator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Icing, decorating, packaging, labeling, and pricing products for island refrigerated cases
- Icing, decorating, tray, and maintaining freezer and refrigerated showcase
- Filling customer special orders, including wedding cakes
- Dynamically selling products by providing customers with information needed to make product-relation decisions
- Operating the Bakery department mixer
- Following Publix's guidelines for Cake Decorators
- Maintaining Publix's high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Organizing and rotating stock in the Decorator's freezer
- Training other associates as needed
- Assisting with the delivery and set up of wedding cakes as needed
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- experience as a Publix Decorator Apprentice or equivalent experience outside Publix
- knowledge of decorating
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
- able to work well with others as a team member
- previous experience at Publix
- a passion for serving people
A Cake Decorator's duties are performed primarily in the Bakery department. A Decorator may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, standing, bending, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds. Duties also include repetitive arm and hand movements and hand-squeezing for at least 85 percent of the work day.
For more information about this position, send an email to one of our recruiters.
How to apply
To apply for a retail position at Publix, please complete an application using our Job Application Center, an automated kiosk located in the front of each store. A completed Publix application is required to be considered for employment.
After you complete the application, you can notify the Store Manager of your interest in a career with Publix. You can tell the manager that you have a current application and provide any details about your skills and experience. He or she can let you know if there are any current job openings in their store or other local Publix stores.
When an application is processed through the Job Application Center, other stores in the area may also view it. For more information about stores in your area, use our Store Locator.