A Bakery Clerk's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Dynamically selling products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Taking and filling special orders for customers
- Finishing products such as filling or icing doughnuts and pastries
- Packaging, labeling and pricing products for self-service
- Maintaining and filling bakery trays, display cases and ingredient bins
- Operating the scale
- Operating the bread slicer (if 18 years of age or older)
- Unloading, organizing and restocking supplies
- Following sanitation and safety guidelines
- Assisting in cleaning duties
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 16 years of age or older (18 years of age or older in North Carolina)
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions
- must be 18 to use sharp knives or use ladders, scaffolds, or their substitutes above 6 feet in height, and to operate any powered equipment
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
- able to work well with others as a team member
- previous experience at Publix
- a passion for serving people
A Bakery Clerk's duties are performed primarily in the Bakery department. A Bakery Clerk may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, standing, lifting, and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, eye-hand coordination and interaction with customers and associates.
How to apply
To apply for a retail position at Publix, please complete an application using our Job Application Center, an automated kiosk located in the front of each store. A completed Publix application is required to be considered for employment.
After you complete the application, you can notify the Store Manager of your interest in a career with Publix. You can tell the manager that you have a current application and provide any details about your skills and experience. He or she can let you know if there are any current job openings in their store or other local Publix stores.
When an application is processed through the Job Application Center, other stores in the area may also view it. For more information about stores in your area, use our Store Locator.