We continually have openings for Bakers, both for those who want to work full-time and for those who would prefer a part-time schedule. The pay range for Bakers varies by region but is generally $9.60 an hour to $15.25 an hour for full-time associates and $8.50 an hour to $13.25 an hour for part-time associates.
- Starting pay rates depend on a Baker's knowledge and previous experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
- Eligible Bakers also earn quarterly bonuses based on their store's performance. Eligibility is based on hours worked.
- In addition, they earn a year-end bonus paid in December in appreciation for their work during the year. For full-time Bakers, the bonus in the first year and second year is usually equal to one week's pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31. In subsequent years, the bonus is usually equal to two weeks' pay. For part-time Bakers, the bonus is equal to four hours of pay when an associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to eight hours' pay if the associate remains employed through Dec. 31.
See the list of the main reasons why Publix is a great place to work.
Visit the Benefits page for a full list of benefits offered to Publix associates.
A Baker's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service
- Reading and understanding recipes
- Preparing baked goods
- Loading and unloading large baking ovens
- Operating other bakery equipment
- Maintaining Publix's high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Training other associates as needed· Assisting in other duties as assigned
We have more than 1,500 Bakers in our stores across Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. They are devoted to providing our customers with the healthiest, most delicious baked products possible, and attaching a smile to every customer interaction. Without our Bakers, our stores wouldn't be the caliber of supermarket our customers have come to expect.
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- previous work experience as a Baker, at Publix or elsewhere
- able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able and willing to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- able and willing to work well with others as a team member
Preferred: We prefer to hire individuals who have a passion for people, in other words those who greatly enjoy serving others. Previous experience at Publix is also a plus.
A Baker's duties are performed primarily in the Bakery department. A Baker may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, standing, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, eye-hand coordination and interaction with customers and associates.
How to apply
By Email: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide an overview on your previous experience, skills, availability, and locations you're interested in. If there are openings available, a Retail Staffing Specialist will contact you and direct you to go to a Job Application Center, located in each of our stores. You should let the Retail Staffing Specialist know once you've applied so he or she can notify the Store Manager that your information is available. You'll be called for an interview if you appear to be qualified for the position.
In Person: If you're visiting a store where you'd like to work, please ask the Bakery Manager if there are openings available. If so, you'll need to apply at the Job Application Center in the store, an automated kiosk that the Bakery Manager can direct you to. (If the Bakery Manager isn't available, ask for the Store Manager of Assistant Store Manager.) If there are no openings in that store and you'd be interested in working at another store, you still should apply at the Job Application Center in the store where you first go. Managers at other stores will see your application and call you if they have openings, if you're qualified, and if your hours of availability match their needs. You might also ask the Bakery Manager at that store if he or she knows of openings at nearby stores.