A Pharmacy Technician's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greeting customers and responding to questions and requests for information
- Complying with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as Publix's policies
- Ordering and receiving prescription drugs and supplies
- Initiating refill requests, as permitted by state regulations
- Ensuring product is rotate, within date, and properly displayed on shelves
- Counting and labeling prescription drugs and supplies
- Generating third-party billing both electronically and on paper, and reconciling weekly
- Properly disposing outdated, discontinued and/or unsaleable merchandise
- Accurately entering information into the Pharmacy computer system
- Filing hard copy prescriptions
- Reconciling insurance discrepancies
- Accepting payment and counting the necessary change, when appropriate
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- must satisfy the requirements for an active, valid pharmacy technician registration or license, as required by the pharmacy board in the state in which the technician operates
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read and do simple math problems
- able to enter data in the computer accurately
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions
- able to work well with others as a team member
- a passion for serving people
Preferred: The preferred qualification is as follows:
- previous experience at Publix
A Pharmacy Technician's duties are performed primarily in the Pharmacy. Work includes standing, walking, lifting and carrying merchandise, along with continuous interaction with customers and associates.
We know you want to make a career out of caring. We want your career to be with Publix Pharmacy. Learn more about our company and benefits.
To learn if a store near you has a critical opening for a Pharmacy Technician, visit the Critical Openings page.
How to apply
Join our team and begin a career at Publix Pharmacy by visiting the Job Application Center at any Publix location and apply today.