Publix General Information FAQ
How can I contact Publix Corporate Office?
Call 1-800-242-1227 for store-related comments. For questions relating to personnel, payroll, benefits, stock, employment, real estate, or accounting, call 1-863-688-1188.
Our Customer Care Department hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays. We are closed Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
You may also send us an e-mail or letter.
What is the Publix Mission Statement?
Our mission is to be the premier quality food retailer in the world.
To that end we commit to be:
- Passionately focused on Customer Value,
- Intolerant of Waste,
- Dedicated to the Dignity, Value and Employment Security of our Associates,
- Devoted to the highest standards of stewardship for our Stockholders, and
- Involved as Responsible Citizens in our Communities.
Can you tell me a little about the history of Publix?
Publix was founded by George W. Jenkins in 1930 in Winter Haven, Florida. It has grown from a single store into a Fortune 500 company with more than 1,000 stores and is one of the fastest growing employee-owned companies in the United States.
Publix is known for its philosophy of pleasing the customer; the Publix guarantee to never knowingly disappoint our customers is legendary in the industry.
What manufacturing facilities and distribution centers does Publix operate?
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Sarasota, Florida
- Lakeland, Florida
- Dacula, Georgia
- McCalla, Alabama
- Atlanta, Georgia (bakery plant)
- Deerfield Beach, Florida (dairy plant, fresh foods)
- Jacksonville, Florida (fresh foods)
- Lakeland, Florida (bakery plant, dairy plant, deli kitchen, fresh foods, printing services)
- Dacula, Georgia (dairy plant)
How do I get information about Publix for a school paper or project?
We're so happy you're interested in Publix. You'll find lots of information about our company on our website. Please explore, and we hope you find what you need.
Because we do receive a large number and variety of inquiries each day, we cannot respond to individual student requests for information. As a privately held company, we are also limited in what we share and many of the questions we receive fall into the realm of proprietary information.