Publix Named 2013 Black Pearl Award Winner by the International Association for Food Protection
LAKELAND, Fla. May 17, 2013 — The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) named Publix the winner of the 2013 Black Pearl Award. The IAFP helps promote protection of the food supply and enables food safety professionals to collaborate worldwide.
This award recognizes one company each year that demonstrates outstanding commitment to, and achievement in, corporate excellence in food safety and quality. The criteria for this prestigious award requires companies to
- demonstrate evidence of promoting ethical and fair business practices
- participate in community and consumer promotion of food safety
- contribute to public health principals and food safety
- focus on food safety education
- promote food safety within the company
- design stores and facilities with food safety and sanitary control and
- adhere to food safety regulatory requirements.
"It's such an honor for Publix to receive this award," said Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. "This award shows the dedication and commitment Publix has to providing our customers safe, high quality food."
More information about the IAFP and the Black Pearl Award can be read by visiting www.foodprotection.org.